https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/2d8.608.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/GY3A1847.jpg?time=1611092127 1500 1000 HighFiveAdmin https://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/2d8.608.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/KERRVILLE-10-YEAR-ANNIVERSARY-LOGOKERRVILLE-HEADER-LOGO-WEBSITE-2020-300x111.png HighFiveAdmin2018-03-05 10:50:002020-06-15 14:45:38Wetsuit Care Instructions
Wetsuits Care InstructionsWetsuits are as big of an investment as they are helpful in the water. That is why proper care is important. Click To Tweet
By following these simple wetsuit care steps you will extend the life of your investment.
- Wetsuits can be used in all open water conditions. You should not use your wetsuit in a chlorinated swimming pool. Over time the chlorine will damage the seams and degrade the fabric of the suit. No matter the water, you should always rinse your suit in clean cool water after each use.
- To preserve the life of the wetsuit always store your wetsuit lying flat or hanging in a dry place on a thick plastic hanger. Wetsuits can be heavy so make sure the hanger is sturdy, you don’t want to find your wetsuit crumpled up at the bottom of a closet.
- Make sure your wetsuit is completely dry before you put it away or it will mildew and STINK! You can turn your wetsuit inside out to help it dry faster. Never leave your wetsuit out in the sun to dry.
- Periodically wash your wetsuit with wetsuit shampoo. This will keep the integrity of the fabric as well as keep it from becoming mildewy and stinky.
- Only use approved lubricates when putting on your wetsuit. Like chlorine, unapproved lubricants can degrade the fabric and will have your wetsuit falling apart at the seams. Petroleum jelly (Vasaline) or any other petroleum-based product will literally eat holes in your suit lining.
- If you have to travel with your wetsuit, fold as stated below. Having fold seams and a crumpled suit will lead to more likely tearing when you are putting the suit on. :Fold up legs half way up.
- Fold arms over in an X
- Fold the remaining legs over the arms and torso.
- Unfold when you get where you are traveling.